Welcome to my website. Thanks for visiting. Please have a look around.
I’m a writer and illustrator of children’s books.
This is my new novel, Withering-by-Sea. It was published by ABC Books.
In Victorian England, Stella Montgomery lives with her three dreadful Aunts at the Hotel Majestic. One day, she sees something she shouldn’t have, and is plunged into an adventure. Can she overcome the sinister magician and his gang of thugs, a hand-of-glory, a clockwork beetle, a military pudding, mutton-in-aspic and an enormous, ghostly sea monster, to find her way home?
‘Wildly imaginative, darkly funny. I was hooked from the first page.’ Jen Storer, author of Tensy Farlow and the Home for Mislaid Children.
‘Withering-by-Sea is a delightful, thoroughly enjoyable book…Lots of detail and a sharp ear for cockney-style dialect brings sparkling life to both the setting and characters.’ Australian Books & Publishing.
- Winner, Indie Award, Children’s and YA, 2015
- Winner, ABIA Book of the Year for Older Children, 2015
- Winner, Davitt Award, Best Children’s Crime Novel, 2015
- Honour Book, CBCA Book of the Year, Younger Readers, 2015
- Shortlisted, Aurealis Awards, Children’s Book, 2014